Smoking is completely banned at the world championship event site and at any Hobie Fishing Worlds 8 functions as these are determined work sites.
Also, please refrain from smoking while in your kayaks at the starting line and when media boats approach you while you are fishing.
Photos of anglers with cigarettes and vape-devices will not be used in Hobie Fishing Worlds 8 promotions.
Please do not litter the parklands or waterways with your cigarette butts.
From 1 February 2017 it is against the law to smoke in areas of Queensland national parks.
Smoking is banned within 10 metres of in-use campsites and any public facilities such as:
- picnic tables,
- toilet blocks,
- visitor information centres,
- boat ramps
These restrictions also appy:
- no smoking within 5 metres of public transport waiting points such as bus stops, taxi ranks, and ferry terminals
- no smoking within 10 metres of playing and viewing areas during organised under-18 sporting events
- no smoking within 10 metres of skate parks
- no smoking within 5 metres of early childhood education and care services, kindergartens, and after school hour care
- no smoking at all outdoor pedestrian malls
- no smoking within 5 metres of all residential aged care facilities, outside of designated areas
- smoke free buffer increases to 5 metres at all non-residential building entrances
- no smoking at pedestrian precincts around prescribed state government buildings
- no smoking at public swimming pool facilities
- tobacco products cannot be sold from temporary retail outlets
- local government can ban smoking in any public space not covered by a state-wide smoking bans.
Outdoor public areas:
- no-smoking at outdoor public places such as patrolled beaches, children’s playground equipment and major sports stadiums
Smoking in vehicles:
- no-smoking in cars where children under the age of 16 years are present
Eating or drinking venues:
- no smoking anywhere inside pubs, clubs, restaurants and workplaces
- no smoking at commercial outdoor eating or drinking areas
- no smoking at state and non-state schools, and for 5 metres beyond their boundaries
Hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities:
- no smoking at public and private hospitals and health facilities, and for 5 metres beyond their boundaries