|Grand Prix 2020
|R1 Series 12 Bemm River, Victoria||Nick Mace||5 Places|
|R6 Series 12 Gold Coast, Queensland||1 Place||Places allocated as per 2020 Hobie® Kayak Bream Series Rules|
|R7 Series 12 Forster, New South Wales||1 Place||Places allocated as per 2020 Hobie® Kayak Bream Series Rules|
|R8 Series 12 Albany, Western Australia||1 Place||3 Places|
|R9 Series 12 St Georges Basin, New South Wales||1 Place||Places allocated as per 2020 Hobie® Kayak Bream Series Rules|
|Grand Prix Sydney, New South Wales||3 Places|
|2020 Angler of the Year Pointscore||3 Places|
HOBIE FISHING WORLDS 10
- Anglers who qualify for HFW10 through the AOY pointscore must have competed in 3 different Series 12 tournaments, including the Grand Prix.
- Where an invitation has not been accepted the available place shall be filled from the final placings in the 2020 Angler of the Year pointscore.
- Round winners will receive an automatic invitation to HFW 10.
- The use of “Bumps” will not be applied to the HFW10 selection process.
GRAND PRIX SPECIFICS
- The Grand Prix is a BYOK (Bring Your Own Kayak) tournament, in which only Hobie kayaks are permitted.
- A Condition of entry into the Hobie Grand Prix 2020 is that an angler must have participated in at least one of Series 12 rounds.
- The use of “Bumps” will not be applied to the Hobie Grand Prix invitation process.
- Entry fee $200.
- 15 Grand Prix kayaks will be made available for a hire fee of $175.
- The hire kayak type is still to be determined and subject to availability.
- Interstate anglers will be given preference, over NSW anglers, to the 15 hire kayaks.
- 100% of kayak hire fees will be donated the The Fly Program. The donation will fund two Australian men to participate in the program. The Fly Program is a registered health promotion charity, delivering life-changing experiences for men who are experiencing mental illness.
Different Grand Prix Entry Limit Scenarios
Grand Prix entry numbers are subject to COVID-19 restrictions. The final number of entrants permitted is subject to the constantly changing COVID-19 restrictions placed by Federal, state and local governments. In any scenario, event organisers have restricted the maximum number of entrants to 100 anglers. If numbers are restricted further by government authorities the outline below shows how invitations shall be allocated.
- (A) The three alternative scenarios below (100 anglers; 75 anglers and 50 anglers) will comprise of a maximum of 25 anglers from the completed Series 12 rounds (subject to the number of places, allocated for each round, as per the Hobie Kayak Bream Series 12 rules) plus 25 anglers from the 2020 Angler of the Year pointscore.
- Invitees from each round of invitations have 7 days to place and pay for their entry.
- A non-response within 7 days to an invitation shall be taken as a declined invitation.
- In a 100 angler tournament: (A) One round of invitations plus 50 anglers on a first come, first served basis.
- In a 75 angler tournament: (A) One round of invitations plus 25 anglers on a first come first served basis.
- In a 50 angler tournament: (A) Two rounds of invitations.
- If in any of the above scenarios, invitations have been declined after the completion of the invitation rounds, then all remaining places shall be made available on a first come, first served basis. (note: anglers must still meet the specified conditions listed above in Grand Prix Specifics)
Grand Prix Payouts and Prizes
(The figures below are based on a 100 angler field – with smaller competitor numbers payouts will be reduced)
- First Place: $7500 or Pro Angler 14 360 with Lowrance HDS 9
- Second Place: $3500
- Third Place: $2500
- Fourth and Fifth Places: Prize packs valued at up to $650
All “First Come, First Served” entries Close at midnight AEST on 11 November 2020.
(unless all available places have been allocated prior to that date)
- Entry: $200.00
- Kayak Hire: $175.00 (15 only – an interstate competitor allocation preference applies)
- Online entries only
- Please Note: Competitors are only permitted to compete in a Hobie kayak and shall previously have competed in a Hobie Fishing Series 12 round.
THIS IS A CAPPED EVENT
This event will be limited to 100 competitors.
No “On the Day” entries.
This is a 3 day event.
Competition days are Friday 20th Nov 6:00 am to Sunday, 22nd Nov 5:00 pm
Briefings, launch and Weigh-in
Donnelly Park (south-east of Connells Point Sailing Club)
113 Kyle Parade, Sydney NSW 2221
Friday, 6th November up to and including Wednesday, 18th November.
NO GO ZONES
- Seaward of the line between La Perouse & Kurnell
- Waters between Sydney Airport runways
- No Fishing Zone near Foreshore Rd, Banksmeadow
- Alexandra Canal
- Towra Point Aquatic Reserve Sanctuary Zone
Day 1 6:00 am
Day 2 Registration time will be announced on Day 1.
Day 3 Registration time will be announced on Day 2.
Day 1 6:30 am
Day 2 Briefing time will be announced on Day 1.
Day 3 Briefing time will be announced on Day 2.
Day 1 Session time will be announced at briefing (see 2020 Rules, item 16).
Day 2 Session time will be announced at briefing (see 2020 Rules, item 16).
Day 3 Session time will be announced at briefing (see 2020 Rules, item 16).